There’s a great video at the bottom by an now ex-teacher, but let me start with a few thoughts on the question that is the title of this article: Why Are So Many Kids Growing Up To Be Idiots? It’s simple really… and sad… Kids are more or less forced to spend a good portion of their day under the control and supervision of idiots, “learning” curriculum designed by idiots, deliberately intended to make them idiots. It is no small wonder our public schools are turning out nothing but idiots. Some kids are bright enough to see through the bullshit and educate themselves in spite of their public education, and to be fair there are a lot of teachers that really try to help them, but those kids and teachers are becoming fewer and fewer and further and further between the mass hordes of lemmings doing the teaching and being taught. I suggest private or home schooling. Listen to one former teachers thoughts on the subject. She barely scratches the surface of what is wrong with public schools today, but it’s a start. Below the video is an economic chart from CSCOPE, a standardized curriculum used nationwide, shows their ideals and the brainwashing being used on kids today. Post your thoughts and comments below.
Among her concerns that have now gone viral:
- “I have experienced the depressing, gradual downfall and misdirection of education that has slowly eaten away at my love of teaching.”
- “The emphasis in eduction has shifted from fostering academic and personal growth in both students and teachers, to demanding uniformity and conformity.”
- “Raising students’ test scores on standardized tests is now the only goal, and in order to achieve it the creativity, flexibility and spontaneity … have been eliminated.”
- “Everything I loved about teaching is extinct.”
- “Curriculum is mandated. … The classroom teacher is no longer trusted or in control of what, when, or how she teaches.”
- She says complaint forms and write-ups are being used as tools to target teachers and keep them as “yes men,” instead of being used to get rid of poor educators — and she even takes a shot at the union.
Standardized education has some benefits, but not when the standards are bullshit. Look at this SCOPE, a standardized curriculum, and think about it for a minute… Is that the message kids should be getting today?